This 1974 Charger was purchased new by Universal Studios in California and remained in their hands for about 6 months. After Universal Studios had this one-off Charger it was then sold to its first owner in May of 1974. It stayed in California most of its life.
Incredible history and loaded all the great options including the ultra rare sunroof.
There is a stack of documents that go with the car including the original check for a deposit from the first owner and registrations.
Below is a partial list of the items rebuilt and/or replaced.
- Complete body restoration and repaint with New Stripes
- New legendary interior
- Numerous new Suspension components
- New wheel vintiques road wheels 15”x8”
- New BF Goodrich Radial T/As
- Carb rebuilt and correctly plated and detailed
- Complete engine detailing
- New fuel tank and NOS fuel cap
- New repo AGM battery and correct hold down
- New correct battery cables
- New correct ignition wires, plugs and dist cap
- New wiring harness
- All new and correct cad, zinc or phosphate bolts used throughout
- Newly rechromed front and rear bumpers
- NOS bumper guards
- Newly polished stainless trim throughout
- Grill completely restored and detailed
- New condenser and evaporator AC blows cold
- Newly rebuilt original big block radiator with reproduction hoses and corbin clamps
- New exhaust with factory correct machine gun tips
- New brakes rotors, drums pads and shoes
- Dash correctly restored with all gauge bezels restored including an NOS glove box liner. Even the ash tray was taken apart, replated and restored and correctly riveted back together.
- Correct spare with Polyglas tire and restored jack and highly detailed trunk
- Rechromed sunroof actuator handle
- Many NOS parts
- Evan has new correct Charger floor mats
- Original 1974 Hollywood map and 1974 Universal Studios booklet included
A partial list of the venders used to complete this incredible car:
- Suspension and brakes by Wrenchers Novi MI
- Dash, engine bay, A/C and trunk by After Hours Restorations New Baltimore MI
- Original Carb restored by Scott Smith at Harms
- Interior including new seat covers, headliner, carpet and package tray by Shelby trim Shelby MI
- Paint work by Great Lakes Auto Body and Trim Commerce MI
- New Original Graphics applied by Artworks Design Wixom MI
- Bumpers rechromed by AMS in Georgia
July 2018 Cover car for Muscle Car Review – extensive photos and details are listed in this magazine which featured cars from the early 70’s and how they are becoming extremely collectable now. There is a 4-page spread on the car with color photos and numerous other details describing the rarity and quality of this incredible Charger.
Could an actor or actress have used it during its time at Universal Studios? Was it used in the background of a movie? or maybe a TV series? That part is unknown, and the new owner can spend time uncovering the mystery.
Included with the sale is a 2” thick binder with over a hundred receipts. Also included with this car is the original paperwork from the dealer (dealer order) as well as 3 superb build sheets and a binder full of original paperwork. Original owner was contacted to confirm the provenance of the car. Everything works with the exception of the cruise control.
This car is currently in storage and only driven occasionally. It is absolutely gorgeous. The amazing condition, the exceptional original documentation, the incredible amount of money and time spent restoring this car as well as its rarity and Hollywood connection, make this without a doubt, a one-off car for the Serious Mopar collector.
Location: Livonia, Michigan, United States
Price: Auction <- check here if it's still available
More info: Full listing and Contact details
Originally listed on February 2, 2021. Note that older listings are displayed for reference and will most probably not be available.